Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where the Wild [Fish] Are




A few weeks back, Sam Sifton, the NY Times restaurant critic and Sunday Book Review contributor, wrote quite an interesting review about a new book titled "Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food" by author Paul Greenberg. As reference, Sam Sifton inherited the throne previously held by Frank Bruni, as the King of all things food in New York City. Though he holds the official position of restaurant critic, Mr. Sifton essentially has free reign on doing just about anything and everything that has to do with food. Laugh if you must, but Tickle falls for this sorta stuff, no joke. I even laugh at myself sometimes. That said, his review spawned my interest in this book. After all, it's about fish, and the main ingredient in fish tacos is, err, fish. So, I bought it. 


You probably think I'm going to tell you that the book was great, right? Well, truth is, I haven't started reading it, but I plan to do so and I encourage you to do the same. Whether or not it captivates you (or me) is beside the point, as it addresses some serious issues and concerns regarding the overfishing of seafood. Again, I'm not one to throw out politics on this blog, but it's definitely a disconcerting issue. Without knowing what the book actually has to say, I'm going to end this post...now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment