Monday, March 8, 2010

Tilapia v. Mahi-Mahi




In Tickle's neverending pursuit of New York City's best fish taco, I have come across an array of fish tacos. Indeed, all types of fish have crossed my path including salmon, halibut, cod, and sole, just to name a few. However, two fish have crossed my path time and time again - Tilapia and Mahi-Mahi.

According to scripture, the fish taco came to existence in Baja California, Mexico sometime in the BC era. The fish behind this miraculous event was Mahi-Mahi, a salt-water fish known for its aesthetic beauty and abundant population. Since its inception, the term "beer-battered Mahi-Mahi" has become as common as, err, I'm not sure what, actually. In any case, it's pretty damn common, at least in San Diego. Tilapia, on the other hand, is a fresh water fish that has become a heavy-weight among fish ranking as the fifth most consumed seafood - seriously!

Two fish, two very different backgrounds, but one tortilla. Who will come out ahead? Well, it's your time to tell me if Tilapia steals your heart or Mahi-Mahi makes you feel kinda funny. VOTE NOW for the best fish for your fish taco! Whichever fish is determined to be the champ will be the fish I use for my Memorial Day fish taco bonanza!

VOTE TO YOUR RIGHT.
(Voting closes on Friday, May 28th)

No comments:

Post a Comment