Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pinche Taqueria...El Pinche Taco Mas Bueno!

I am proud and delighted to announce that we, New Yorkers, will be fine. Yes, we will survive not being in San Diego to enjoy a delicious fish taco. Yes, we may be on the "wrong" coast for our beloved fish tacos, but, fear not, New Yorkers, as Pinche Taqueria is making us proud!

Pinche serves up New York's BEST every-man fish taco. You heard right, New York's BEST every-man fish taco. What you do mean by "every-man", Tickle? What do I mean? I'll tell you what I mean. I have visited and devoured, err, enjoyed many a fish taco in this city at different price points. El Pinche is, at this point in time, the best affordable fish taco in the city, and the # 2 fish taco in general in the city (stay tuned for a post about #1).

Pinche has two locations, both in Nolita - 227 Mott and 333 Lafayette. I must be honest and disclose that I have only been to the Lafayette location, but who really cares, right? Right. According to their website, Pinche was brought to NYC by way of Tijuana where it apparently was one of the busiest taquerias in Mexico. Whether or not this story is true really does not make a difference to me, as the Pinche experience was and will continue to be el pinche mejor!

Pinche brings it simple-like - crisp fried mahi-mahi, hand-made corn tortilla, cabbage, a yummy and spicy cilantro sauce, cilantro, onion and good ol' guac! Not complicated, but few pull it together like Pinche! What can I say, the fish is oh-so tasty, crunchy and flaky, and the cilantro spice and guac give it just the perfect flavorful kick. I like me some heat on my fish tacos, but most places either overwhelm the taco or do not add spice at all. To top it off, my fellow fish taco-loving friend and I treated ourselves to Pinche's yuca fries - the perfect accompaniment to a perfect fish taco!


Pinche fish tacos!


Pinche yucca fries!

Unlike other every-man fish tacos, Pinche's fish tacos are made with all natural ingredients made fresh daily. They also do not use canned goods and do without a microwave - go Pinche!

The Pinche Lafayette location has a few spots for outdoor seating, and the interior is a bit funkier than the Mott location. Either way, you'll do Tickle proud by going to Pinche, wolfing down a fish taco (and yuca fries) and letting me know if I'm full of it - I'm positive you will dig and dig again!

Tickle gives Pinche Taqueria 4.5 out of a possible 5 tickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment